HybridZ

87 sentra d.d. Race not running

Perfect240z

So I have a friend that's getting this 87 sentra ready for a destruction derby in sep. Last week they went to try and get the car up and running. It's carbureted with an ecu, I guess they pulled out the wiring harness and ecu and not the car won't fire up. Now I thought if its carbureted it wouldn't need an ecu but apparently this model does. Is there any way they can get the car up and running without the ecu? The motor ran before and they didn't touch anything mechanical on it. Sorry this is not Z related but I just wanted to ask incase anyone knew on here. I do know that the 86 sentra didn't have an ecu and was carbed but I thinknitnwa a different motor too.

I know nothing about sentra's but are you sure it isn't Throttle body injected? As in a TB with a single injector that looks like a carb? Maybe that isn't an ECU but a spark control box? Check for spark, if you've got that, check for fuel.

My friend said he's getting spark and there is fuel, weird that it has a ecu with carbs he verified that for me. I'm wondering if it controls a crank sensor or something like that. They were looking into getting an older dizzy if the motors were the same in the 86 model that had no ecu with carbs. I'll suggest putting it back the ecu.

Edited by Alex731