HybridZ

Need help getting 5v coil signal LS1.....

gearheadstik

I have tried to follow the mobythevan ls1 install notes but can not seem to get a 5v signal. Where should i start looking? I have what seems to be a clean sig from the crank sensor but when spinning over not getting out of the spark outputs. Could it be something to do with firmware? I have used mobys tune and all setup in tune seems to be correct. Thanks for any advise. Should I see 5v on each output with the ignition on? I would think so if it loses ground to fire them...

Edited by gearheadstik

You should see a 5 volt signal for about 5 milliseconds at a time on the ignition outputs. That is, if you have an oscilloscope or other device capable of high speed sampling. A multimeter won't show it.

It would help if you could post a copy of your MSQ and a data log of an attempted start.

Thanks Matt, but after pulling all my hair out... I found a ground that was not hooked up in my temp mess of wires... The coils grounds were tied into it, that along with a bad wiper motor that was sending voltage through the cars shell.... I was near throwing in the towel. I have fire now.... Thanks again for the quick answer.

I just went through the headache of wiring my coil outputs and found that using a test light and the output test function in Tuner Studio helped out tremendously. The intensity of the test light will change as the coil firing increases. You'll want to use the +12 V supply of your coil(s) for the +12 V supply for the test light and the coil ground(s) for the test light ground.