HybridZ

New user needs help.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey yall, I'm a new owner of a 72' 240Z and I have a carbureted 302. I want to know what all I need to properly install the engine and a T5 manual transmission into my Z. I would really appreciate it if someone can direct me to where I can purchase a kit for it. Thanks.

Guest scca

no kit anywhere. i will make a x-member or mounts once i get my race car back together. i'm currently doing the second car..

hydraulic slave will be the easy way for clutch

i have lots of pics online

Guest Anonymous

SCCA and Alsil are working on (seperatly) a crossmember type mount for the sb ford. I don't want to quote any costs but I have a feeling it will be reasonable. $120--140ish guys? Anyway, get the JTR manual. Lots of similarities between the chevy and ford swap. I used a nnon-crossbar mount and they are holding up fine but I here time will tell. Lots of variables when doing a custom install, and it will be a custom install regardless of how you decide to do it.

In my install I didn't cut off anything I didn't have to (just in case I wanted to go back, but you will never go back!) so I was able to leave the stock crossmember mounts (I may cut them off to make it look cleaner) and I didn't have to cut out/off the original tranny mounts. I'm using a Tremec 3550 and I had plenty of clerance in my 72, so I think you t-5 will fit just fine.

Regards.

Jon