HybridZ

Can anyone tell me if there is any exposed sheet metal in the cabin of a fully interior'd 240. Please!

Hey guys I'm restoring a 240z; I just got done applying lizard skin sound deadener to the whole cabin. My question is as follows. Is there any sheet metal in the cabin which is not covered by carpet, plastic panels, & so fourth? I need to know so I can paint any of those areas.

To my recollection no sheet metal is visible, but this is a customers car, and my first z I have ever done, so I don't want to go off memory!

As it stands now I'm only painting the 2 cargo compartment lids and surrounding area the exterior color. If I need to do anything else hopfuly someone replies by this afternoon! Any info appreciated!

Cheers,

Tyler

On some cars the A pillars were either painted, wrapped in vinyl or had screw on covers. I believe the area around the hatch may also show some body color around the trim; then the spare tire well is usually body color. It's a good place to coat anyway, since it's so near the muffler. Right off I can't think of anywhere else that wouldn't be covered by carpet or plastic.

Thank you for the reply! I have a full headliner kit so the A pillars will be covered. The spare tire well has been replaced with a fuel cell well. I will have to pull the new hatch tail light cover panel out and see if anything is exposed on the top of it, IIRC the sides meet right up to the 1/4 trim panels, and the carpet buts to the bottom.

Ok cool deal. I won't be doing the hatch til later, but I will make note of that. I'm just focusing on getting the shell ready right now so I can get the running gear on. I've been fabing and painting all winter, I need to get some assembly going or I'm going to go crazy lol.