HybridZ

Is this engine an easy Z bolt in ?

Guest SpudZ

Guest Anonymous

why bother?? All that ford did to that car was slap a supercharger on it. Nothing else... well they did take out the a/c, radio. And it still cant hang with the zo6. Just my 2 cents.

thanks,

franklin

Guest Azel

ZSpeed, this engine came in the SVT Cobra R's, not the common Cobra's you see. This is basically the same engine as the triton V8's in Navigators but the internals have been reworked for a more sport-car powerband and revability. I would think that this engine. I'm not sure if this would be an easy swap, that motor looks pretty wide and heavy.

Cobra R's aren't a match for a Z06 just because it's 500lbs. heavier, otherwise numbers are pretty close...

Guest Anonymous

Im a big chevy fan. But theres a place in my heart for mustangs. The sad thing about 'em is that ford has basically made them into a womans car. Im sorry but not even the Cobra R can re-introduce testicular fortitude back into the car that started it all. Even chevy (ill get alot of flame) has gone to crap. I was reading that instead of rebodying the "new" GTO there just going to use the Holden from the land down under!!! What the hell!! I dont ever think ill ever buy a NEW sports car unless its a BMW or a Ferrari. But i sure as hell want me a 69 camaro, or maybe a nice fastback...

thanks,

franklin

p.s. check out the progress on my car

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pickalbum?zpeedrazer

front end is almost done, just got my 4-piston calipers, stainless steel lines, and slotted rotors in!

Guest SpudZ

Zspeed ,

I agree with you on the 69' Camaro. I think style wise 69'

was Detroits best year. The Mustang, Firebird, Camaro, GTO,

Chevelle, El Camino, and even the AMX didn't look half bad.

I still like the looks of the mid 60's Vettes over the longer

68'-69' version.

I really don't like the styling of the newer Mustangs either.

I was just thought it was cool that I saw an SVT Cobra.

I get to see some pretty rare cars up here. I went to alot

of shows in Southern California , but they didn't compare

to some of the stuff I have seen in one place up here.

We have several shows were they block off the city streets

and they even let you run with slicks on.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I've always liked the 5-0's.. especially in the sleeper 87-(92?) body style. There are so many performance kits for 5.0's.. little TT high rev v8's (well a 289 at least). I live out on the sticks, and when people want to do a little canyon road street racing they come out my way. Anyway I was just in the can looking through a summit.. when this 5.0 comes flying by, slows down to about 25 for a yield sign by my house, and then lights em up for a good rolling burnout. Sounded great in the upper 5 grand. Its a 5.0 in a can, but its still pretty mean. Too bad I'm going to have to twak.gif stick it to em once I get the ZX done! Also, I can't get enough of cobra's, shelby's, fastbacks, and mach1's. My friend has a '69 mach 1, a show machine... put it in the high school show and won BIS every year bonk.gif . This year a judge came up to him and invited him to put it in the NW mustang show in august (quite a big show for stang fans). eek2.gif

Well, Z ya

-980mak rockon.gif