HybridZ

260z suspension

Hello all from ATX. I recently installed the eibach lowering springs and tokicko shocks on my 260z that i got from MSA and at the same time i renewed the pivot pins(which was quite the experience), stub axle bearings and seals, lower control arm bushings front and rear, sway bar bushings and hrdwre, rear trans seal, braided brake lines, and the camber kit from MSA which replace the OEM strut mount insulators. All was well and good, However, as days went past I noticed that the nose was higher than normal and the rear end looked as if itd be dragging down the road. So I muffed up by putting the front springs in the rear and the rear springs in the front. I also noticed that the aftermarket strut insulators are split at the rear and i can only imagine the front is soon to follow. So in conclusion, Egg on face, Foot in Mouth and feeling incredibly ignorant but being 22 yrs old its to be expected. So i know ive messed up but now ive got a goal set to remedy this issue as well as collect some more parts to ensure that my suspension is how it needs to be. SAFE COMFORTABLE AND RELIABLE

The list of the Goals i want to achieve are listed

1 renew strut mount insulators with OEM

2 swap springs frnt to back and vice versa

and now the additional goals

3 T3 lower control arms front and rear

4 T3 tension rods

Here is the link from MSA

http://www.thezstore.../PSDC15/23-4189

So I ask all of yall here at hybridz if i should proceed with this plan?

Should I buy the OEM insulators or the MSA camber kit insulators?

Thanks to all of you for providing the priceless information concerning these cars...it sure means alot!

Have your read this thread in the FAQ section?

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/49037-help-what-suspension-modifications-should-i-do/

Depending on what you want to do with the car, you can pick which section applies to you. What Jon mentioned in the Stage 1 area is what I do to most of my Datsuns, even the ones with V-8's.

OEM insulators should be fine for what you mentioned... and not sure why you need/want the t3 parts based on what you mentioned in your post.

Yes I read that thread...thanks I read it again after reading post. It answered alot of questions that probably wouldve ended up being on here and OEM strut insulators are going to be in the works thanks man!. The stages described is great and that lead me to the decision to get the T3 parts after the issue i have is resolved because I want more control over my suspension and drivability so from what Jon listed in his post Im aiming in between stage 3 and 5. My z isnt a race only car but a couple track days with the guys into Alfa Romeos. But as far as handling and the powertrain and living in the texas hill country IMO its a good goal to go for.