HybridZ

LS1 Engine Electrical Component iIdentification

I can't find these two comments in the Chilton's manual (I know I know... I'm waiting on my FSM to show up). I believe they are part of the "ditch-able" stuff but am not certain. Could someone tell me what they are?

In the picture I would like to know what the plug on the back of the intake + the electrical plug going into is? (my guess is PCV)

IMAG0346.jpg

In the picture below I would like to know what the solenoid is in the middle of the screen to the left of the wire loom? (my guess is purge valve but if so why does it come off the fuel line and go into the throttle body?

IMAG0348.jpg

Thanks

That "plug" is your MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Definitely NOT ditch-able. I can't think of the other thing off the top of my head, but i'm pretty sure it has to do with emissions. I know I don't run one on my swap. hope that helps.

I say this with all kindness, do yourself a favor and start searching Ls1tech.com. They have a lot more information about LSx swaps than Hybridz. I found all of my wiring diagrams, wiring swaps, harness information, etc. from LS1tech.com.

Ktm is right. It might take you an extra month of straight reading, but it will save you 3 in the long run. Plus, then you will actually know the stuff instead of just getting an answer and moving on to the next problem.