HybridZ

I need Linkage setup Help for 5.0 Z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Cobra-Z2.JPG

After all this time I got to money to finish my Cobra Z project.

Shelby style Side Mufflers are being made this week and Scarab Drive Shaft is being shortened to work with my new Borg Warner T5. So now the last thing I’ve been avoiding, the Clutch and Gas Pedal Linkage setup.

Anyone out there got any good ideas or pics of how they did it?

-Magic

Guest Anonymous

Hey Magic, looks good!

I think SCCA sells a complete bolt on linkage for the T-5. If it's what I think it is it includes MC, slave, hoses and bracket to mount it to the tranny.

I dont have pics of how I did mine, but I need to put on a longer stainless line (new MC) so I'll snap some pics of it then. Otherwise, if you'd like to know how I did mine, email me.

Jon

Guest bobs302z

I used a tilton 7/8 master and a wilwood pull slave seems to work good.I believe Alias has picture of same setup. for a throttle Iuse a chevy cable (jtr sugestion I think it was a 80 s Malibu ) then i went to wreckers got a chevy pedle and cut the fork of and welded it to the original peddle. had to make new hole.

Guest Anonymous

I used a Tilton 7/8 master. I was going to use a pull slave like Bob in cranbrook but after looking at it my dad and I decided to use a 5/8 push slave off a 1983 Toyota Celica we had kicking around. We used a hole saw and cut a hole in the bellhousing behind the shiftfork, cut the front mount off the slave with a hacksaw and then inserted the slave through the hole in the bellhousing, bolted it directly to a handy mount on the transmission and cut the T-5 shift fork off flush with the bellhousing. A dremel was used to grind a concave area on the shift fork for the slave's pushrod to fit into. It works amazingly well and is very compact. I think the stock Datsun master and slave could be used in this way and would work fine for those who have parts in good shape.

For the accelerator we took the stock Datsun accelerator shaft, heated the end of it where the cable mounts and smashed it flat, then drilled a hole for the 1989 5-0 accelerator cable. A groove was cut with a hacksaw to allow the cable to be put into place. Works fine.

Guest Anonymous

I have a Wilwood 7/8 pull slave (WIL 260-1333) that I paid $79.20 Canadian for - about $49 U.S. There is a link that shows you how to adapt this pull slave to the T-5 mentioned somewhere in this discussion group - use the search function and you should be able to find it easily enough. I am not using this slave and you are welcome to it (brand new)for $30 U.S. Email me if interested grahamstacey@uniserve.com

Guest Anonymous

For a throttle cable you can use the one from Lokar, its they're stainless braided universal throttle cable and its awesome for the 40.00 it runs. Route it through the firewall, hook it to your gas pedal and shorten it as necessary, hook to your carb and it works great and looks good too. I used they're return spring bracket kit too which works good, but the spring pressure is noticable when you push on the gas pedal. It really is a rockin' cable though and worth the money.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I used the Lokar Cable too. I bought the 24" version and cut off about a foot!

Everything I know I learned from Lone! ;)

Guest Anonymous

I guess I need to study from the student then, because somehow your car looks much tricker and cooler than mine... ;)

Thanks, but I owe what I know to Pete and Mike and all of the HybridZ crew. Pete's website in particular (and Terry Oxandales which I later found) were/are my website mentor's, and what I want to be like when I grow up. bonk.gif

Regards,

Lone