HybridZ

Anyone here ever done a junkyard TT V8Z?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After all the time I spend on the Mustang boards, I am losing sleep about doing a junkyard twin turbo setup on a SBF. However, I am in the great (??) state of CA, so I need a pre '73 car to play with (like a 240Z). Anyone here entertain the thought of this or do it yet?? I searched for turbo info, but it seems most people here look at the currently offered Mustang kits. It seems that there should be enough room in the 240 engine bay for this, especially with the engine set back. CHheck out Mike Sitar's website for what I have in mind.

http://www.toohighpsi.com

coments?

Greg

Guest Tht1KSguy

Not yet, but i'm getting ready to. Kinda lost steam on the Z project due to life over the past 9months. It was going to be a big block mopar but i think that combo is just heavier and more expensive than i'd like, not to mention fitting headers in there. I had decided to do a JY TT 5.0 Fox chassis Mustang and sell the Z until on the way to work yesterday i was passed by a gorgeous 240 that stirred up a few urges. So here we are back at it... I suppose fall is approaching fast so maybe it'll be done by spring time. Anyway the new and improved plan is for a 5.0 running twin T3's .60comp/.63turbine, probably TFS heads, flipped shortys, not sure what intake yet, FMIC, tremec trans, 230 rear. Problem i'm thinking of at the moment is i want to use motor plates like Terry's car. The headers are going to run straight into them as far as i can see... haven't got a good idea quite idea yet. You might try TurboMustangs they have alot of links to some good sites and a message forum with some good tech if you can wade through the bickering and such.

Anyone else w/ some good suggestions?

c ya

Ryan

Guest tom sixbey

i havent done it, but that sight sure made me think about it.. It looks so easy to do, and with all the room under a zcar hood, it could probably be pretty painless. i just wonder about the underhood heat issue. - Zcars already have enough of that as it is!

Weight is also a concern for me. - would a TT setup weigh more than say a fuelie roots blower?