HybridZ

302 outta 89 Grand Mark in 86 Z31

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Have the chance to pick up cheap Z31 and have 302 w/AOD tranny laying around garage(actually its still in car). Can anyone give me some info about this swap if its been done, any probbs?

thanks

timm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hiya. I have a 87 300zx, with a blown motor. Got a 302 w/ tranny that i plan on dropping in as soon as i get some info what all needs to be done. If I happen across anyting i'll drop ya a line, and please feel free to do the same.

xoaster@aol.com

• 1 month later...

I don't know how the about the Z31 but I assume that it is the same as the Z30 because they still had a 6 in them. The 302 can be put in a couple of ways and the AOD fit in just fine I just had to trim the stock tranny mounts off of the sides of the tranny tunnel. Use the search function to find the diffrent ways to mount a 302 in. Try it and if it doesn't fit trim or move something to make it fit.

Have fun, I think there are some Z31 with SBC in them and the ford won't mount in that much diffrent, it's just isn't a kit for it.

I mean I don't see why a JTR type of mount wouldn't work.

Don