HybridZ

r200 swap 240z rear sway bar

In theory yes. Does your swaybar go under the driveshaft or around between the fuel tank and the differential? If you keep stock u-joint axles and use a 280z mustache bar you will be fine. If you change to CV axles, then you will have to shorten your swaybar links to 4" (this is with a front-mount swaybar) and space the swaybar down from the chassis about 1/2" to keep it from hitting the driveshaft flange when the car is up on jacks. I did this swap last week. Search the forums, I saw a post on this very subject yesterday that was complete with photos.

I used to live in Galveston. I miss it. My LS2 came from a wrecking yard in Houston. Don't mess with Texas.

Edited by RebekahsZ

I live right outside of Galveston actually haha

My car did not come with a sway bar... I got an r200 from a 280z as well as half shafts from a 280z. So I have no idea the routing. I was hoping you all could shed some light for me

From what I remember 240Zs did not come with rear sway bars. I think if your lower a arms have the spot for the links to go through, you just drill the spots for the mounting bracket bolts and put the 280z bar on.

Edited by dexter72

There are two kinds of sway bars you can use. The 280 style which AFCO copied or the Suspension Techniques style which mounts behind the diff. Send a pm to bjhines or look at his exhaust photos and you will see pics of that bar. Pm him to see how you route it around the cv joints on cv axles. Long lead time at manufacturer for that bar. Shox.com just had some made. Call them and ask for Arthur. Johnc also sells them I don't know if he has any in stock. I can send you pics next week of a 280 bar on my car. I'm out of town. Call me and we can dais cuss the merits of each bar. 256-366-4685.

My lower control arms do have the spots for mounts. I guess I just wont worry about this until another day then because I need to focus more about getting my car running than a sway bar haha. Mind if I send you a text RebekahsZ?

Danny