HybridZ

SS brake line question

I'm trying to run stain steel brake lines on my 240z. I want the ones that are in the picture I attached, and have seen a lot on the Z store, and ebay but they look different. I want the lines that bolt straight up to the caliper. Any ideas on where I can get the lines like the ones in the picture?

The ones from MSA don't look like they bolt up to the caliper correct? http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PBC08/24-5121

Sorry for the noob question, I just want to get the right stuff and be able to drive my car again!

post-17439-034138500 1340769157_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattausten23

Classic Tube sells various lengths of SS brake lines with female -3AN fittings on each end. All you need to do is choose the length you want and the appropriate fittings to connect to the hard line at the frame and to the caliper. Check out pages 87 - 89 in their catalog.

Hint: you want PN SBH8019 for the caliper and SBH8004 for the frame.

Nigel

Classic Tube sells various lengths of SS brake lines with female -3AN fittings on each end. All you need to do is choose the length you want and the appropriate fittings to connect to the hard line at the frame and to the caliper. Check out pages 87 - 89 in their catalog.

Hint: you want PN SBH8019 for the caliper and SBH8004 for the frame.

Nigel

Those part #s will give me what is pictured correct? Which S tubing do I get because I notice they come with fittings?

I just got off the phone with them and they have a complete brake line kit for the Z, but it costs $299. I think that is way too much for what I need. I just need the front brake lines that connect to the hard lines and the calipers.

Edited by mattausten23

Those part #s will give me what is pictured correct? Which S tubing do I get because I notice they come with fittings?

I just got off the phone with them and they have a complete brake line kit for the Z, but it costs $299. I think that is way too much for what I need. I just need the front brake lines that connect to the hard lines and the calipers.

The SS flex lines come with female AN fittings. Datsun brake fittings are M10 x 1mm inverted flare. So you need AN to metric adapters. I gave you the part numbers for the -3AN male-to-caliper adapter (pg89) and -3AN male-to-hard line (pg 88) adapter. It’s up to you to chose the appropriate length flex line with -3AN female fittings on each end (pg 87).

Nigel

The SS flex lines come with female AN fittings. Datsun brake fittings are M10 x 1mm inverted flare. So you need AN to metric adapters. I gave you the part numbers for the -3AN male-to-caliper adapter (pg89) and -3AN male-to-hard line (pg 88) adapter. It’s up to you to chose the appropriate length flex line with -3AN female fittings on each end (pg 87).

Nigel

Thanks so much Nigel! I see how it works now.