HybridZ

69 Camaro sealed hub / spindle identification

cockerstar

I know this is completely unrelated to Z cars, but I figure it's worth posting up here since a lot of us are knowledgeable about other vehicles as well.

I've tried registering on some camaro specific boards to ask this same question, but am having trouble getting the registration to go through. For you camaro guys out there, are there any forums that are great?

Anyway, I need to replace the front hub assembly on my father's 69 camaro, but the PO replaced the stock spindle with something aftermarket that accepts C5 Corvette brakes, and provides about 2 inches of drop. There are absolutely no markings that I could find to help with identification!

It takes a sealed hub unit with 4 bolts, and from my research the only other spindle unit I can find that uses a sealed hub is the AFX spindle. However, it uses the C5 hubs with a 3 bolt pattern.

Anyway, any help in identifying this pice would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a pic of the spindle:

photo21.jpg

Have you taken the hub/bearing to any parts stores in town?. I would swear that stock G.M. Front and RWD cars from the late 80's thru 2000's, have sealed hub/bearing combos. With that 4 bolt pattern.

Edited by dexter72

Thanks for the tip Dexter! I took the hub down to my local parts store and it looks very similar to the front hub from an 88 corvette, so the manager ordered a pair in for comparison. They have an ABS ring on the back, and my hubs are smooth. It's the closest visual we could come up with after about an hour of searching though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'll post an update when they come in on Tuesday.

Many newer cars and suv's have these hub units.You might not be able to get 1 without a abs tone ring but sometimes the aftermarket does this to lower the amount replacement part numbers that have to be carried.There should be some # on the bearing unit.Probably a c4 vette front bearing.

Edited by randy 77zt