HybridZ

Speedo cable for th350 trans

Just an FYI -- I have a 383 Stroker V8 and an automatic Th350 transmission in a 260z 2+2. I've found the "pioneer inc automotive products" part number CA-3004 speedo at autozone for $6.98 to have both screw on metal fittings on each end that mate perfectly to the stock z speedo and the th350 transmission with metal ends and no breakaway plastic.

I noticed this same cable via JTR at 80 dollars.

Almost any speedometer shop can build a cable to what ever length you need. It will cost more than $6.98 but is still way below $80. Just saying in case you need a specific length.;)

Autozone has a 71 inch and an 86 I believe but don't quote me. I know they have multiple lengths so if distance is the concern you'll be fine, I had plenty left. I'd get the autozone version, they take them back if they break in a year. Yes only six or seven bucks but every dollar counts on these cars....and the autozone cable has been the best and I've had the 80 dollar versions...

No problem and if anyone is in a location where you can't find the cable autozone here claims they can cross reference the part number to other locations. Send your zip and city if you have problems and I'll get the part number for you, no sweat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just an FYI -- I have a 383 Stroker V8 and an automatic Th350 transmission in a 260z 2+2. I've found the "pioneer inc automotive products" part number CA-3004 speedo at autozone for $6.98 to have both screw on metal fittings on each end that mate perfectly to the stock z speedo and the th350 transmission with metal ends and no breakaway plastic.

I noticed this same cable via JTR at 80 dollars.

i just bought this cable last night at autozone in california for 11 bucks. Im still a month or two from driving it, but when i get it out on the road ill provide you guys with some feedback.

• 2 weeks later...