HybridZ

Driver side header hitting steering

Hello all, Looking for a little help here. i have searched through the forums and have found some advice, but, Im hoping to get a little more before deciding what I am going to do.Car is '74 260z. I have a 350/th350 with the JTR kit, and unlike some I do have the JTR manual. I purchased the sandersons "1 5/8 headers. After slotting the holes in the Datsun Mount towers and everything else that JTR recommended to do the to engine bay prior to stabbing the engine in, I have the engine in place and after I put the header on, it just touches it. Its not forcing itself on the shaft and bending it, just touches. I can still turn the steering wheel freely, but obviously its touching and we do not want that. One option i have thought of is lifting the engine up and installing 1/2" spacers between the chevy motor mount and the datsun mount tower. Has anyone done this? Something else I saw that I am seriously considering is slightly denting the header in the spot that its touching. We have tried all we can think of. We have tried pushing engine back and rotating it as the slots would allow to get it to clear and its just not wanting to. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Doug