HybridZ

240z dizzy & tach upgrade wiring question

Hello,

I have done the E12-80 Distributor upgrade withe the MSD Blaster 2 my z has been running great after the upgrade.

Since the upgrade I have been running my z without the tach it hasn't worked since I did the upgrade.

Anyway I'm trying to figure out how the wiring goes. I have been reading up on it but I think my problem is that I don't remember which wires are the ones that go to the resistor(removed after upgrade) I uploaded a picture of my setup.

I have a Connected the E12-80 to the coil and found the current wire and connected it since I did not have the tach I did not do anything else with the rest of the wires. I have four wires 3 are not connected right now.

A) Was connected to the coil with the points distributor. Green/White and the other is black with yellow tip thicker cable

B ) Was connected to the resistor. the cable one is black/yellow and the other is black.

C) Added for the E12-80 distributor

The only way that I can get the Z to start is to connect the (pic B ) black wire to the coil all others don't work.

I have a four cable tach on my z and just got a 280z tach that ill be putting in. But I still have a question about this.

On the tach I moved everything to the other 240z housing but I still dont understand what I'm suppose to do with the white/loop cable that has the black and read tape on each side. I know that the black wire moved from the top (240z tach) to the bottom (280z tach)

Thanks.

KM

post-16680-075746200 1342410935_thumb.png

Edited by KoolMan