HybridZ

402 stroker

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi I am new to this forum, but I am starting to build a 351 stroked to 402 for a Z, I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before I start.

I cannot address your question if it is in reference to the motor itself, but in regards to the hybridization of you Z, keep in mind that the 302 SBF with EFI was a tight fit vertically. The Windsor (assumption here vs the Cleveland) is a bit taller, so plan out the vertical placement carefully.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I would make sure the pistons you use do not have the pins in the oil control ring land area... I have built a few 408 and 427 stroker and some of the pistons available will have the pins in the wrong spots and the oil control suffers....Plus the rings thickness and pin location will determine whether or not the piston will suffer excessive rocking in the cylinder and blow-by past the compression rings...

The other things I recommend is that you don't underestimate the fuel and air capacity of the new engine displacement...The stock EFI[assuming you are running EFI] manifolds are probably marginal for the stock engine, let alone the bigger dsiplacement...Heads and exhaust are the same...My 427 is running Canifield aluminum heads and 1 3/4" primary tube headers and they are marginal for best flow even with 3" dual pipes out the back...