HybridZ

Cheap conversion

Dp351zcar

I know it's kind of strange, I came across it, I think two or or more years ago. I think it was before I found HybridZ. What is strange is someone puts up a web page and then forgets about it and never takes it down.

What is cool is he spells out how he did it for $1000. It looks doable.

Don

P.S. The reason maybe, well you will figure it out if you click on the "photos" and see his email address.

Guest Anonymous

I was just thinking, if the JTR kit is $325, & you shopped around real good for a drivetrain, wouldn't the finished cost be well under 1g? I want a 302 in my Z, & I found one for a couple hundred bucks. I plan on having WAY less than a grand in mine!(knock on wood)

Guest Anonymous

BONES Do a search in the Ford Forum. A fellow by the name of Al Silver "alsil" was making Ford conversion kits. I understand he moved up here to Oregon from California. yes you can do it cheap but it will nickle and dime you to bankruptcy. and stay off these web pages...these guys are always coming up with something new to spend money on that you will just have to get while you are "at it"

Yes

I have spent more money since finding hybridz than I had ever planed on spending in the begining. Nothing is in the car now, but it's on wheels but there is just nothing else to the car now. cry2.gif

BUT I think that my car (if it ever gets put together) will be stronger and stop better and be safer after finding hybridz. tongue.gif

Don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

what type of motor mounts/ adaptors does the jtr kit use? I read the quys site listed at the top of this page, and was basing my conversion off of his setup, I like that the trans bolts right into place on the stock cross member, I haven't seen any other ways of doing it, but if any one has measurements and or tech drawings of the motor mount adaptors, I have a firend at a mill shop who says he could make them for me so If someone has those dimensions, please fill me in,

Thanks, Matt