HybridZ

Running Very Rough

Ok so to start I have a 77 280z 2+2 non california model. The issue I'm having is it is only running on I do believe 4 or 5 cylinders it runs very rough backfires A LOT. I had a procomp ignition in it(very similar to msd 6al). The Ignition failed and the car would not run. So I went back to the way I had it set up before which was a zx distributor swap it now runs but very poorly. If I pull injector clip 2 and 4 there is no change in the way it runs. If I pull the those plugs out I have spark at them but they are soaked with gas.I did an ecu pin test and I dont have 12v at pin #32 which is injector 3. I'm stumped if anyone can help it would be much appreciated because I'm lost do I need to wire up the stock ignition? Please help! :(

• 2 months later...

Ok so to start I have a 77 280z 2+2 non california model. The issue I'm having is it is only running on I do believe 4 or 5 cylinders it runs very rough backfires A LOT. I had a procomp ignition in it(very similar to msd 6al). The Ignition failed and the car would not run. So I went back to the way I had it set up before which was a zx distributor swap it now runs but very poorly. If I pull injector clip 2 and 4 there is no change in the way it runs. If I pull the those plugs out I have spark at them but they are soaked with gas.I did an ecu pin test and I dont have 12v at pin #32 which is injector 3. I'm stumped if anyone can help it would be much appreciated because I'm lost do I need to wire up the stock ignition? Please help! :(

If you're getting spark at ALL the plugs I would say you have an injector problem. They could be leaking for several reasons and the spark plug firing the residue which would cause a rough idle. GOOD LUCK!