HybridZ

Restoring interior - parts and information required

Stivva

Hey guys,

I am in the process of restoring my 1976 260z (coupe, not 2+2) and I have been scanning ebay every couple of hours for parts.

First things first, it is a 260z, not 280z and it is RHD (AUS Delivered model). I have purchased a new centre console and have most switches that fit in it, but thats it.

So my questions are as follows;

1.There is a small hole in the centre console between the defogger and demister indicators, below the radio. I have seen a red switch in one persons car. What is this switch and is that factory? (edit: found this for a 280z, but thats the area I am talking about, what did the 260z have? A fuel light? or something else???)

2. On ebay I came across these, are these are factory part for the s30? I just have vinyl down the A pillars???

3. On ebay I found these too, I guess this a 280z part for LHD? Did it come in RHD? I have never seen these before??????

4. Being that the states have a truck load of s30's compared to Australia, does anyone here have a factory radio and faceplate they can sell me? (it doesn't have to be restored).

5. Where is the factory location for the cigarette lighter? Mine didn't come with one when I purchased it.

6. Does anyone have factory radio brackets they want to sell me and non butchered door trims? Or any of the parts I am talking about? I would pay for postage as well to Australia.

Thanks in advance guys.

Stivva

Edited by Stivva

Hey guys,

I am in the process of restoring my 1976 260z (coupe, not 2+2) and I have been scanning ebay every couple of hours for parts.

First things first, it is a 260z, not 280z and it is RHD (AUS Delivered model). I have purchased a new centre console and have most switches that fit in it, but thats it.

So my questions are as follows;

1.There is a small hole in the centre console between the defogger and demister indicators, below the radio. I have seen a red switch in one persons car. What is this switch and is that factory? (edit: found this for a 280z, but thats the area I am talking about, what did the 260z have? A fuel light? or something else???)

2. On ebay I came across these, are these are factory part for the s30? I just have vinyl down the A pillars???

3. On ebay I found these too, I guess this a 280z part for LHD? Did it come in RHD? I have never seen these before??????

4. Being that the states have a truck load of s30's compared to Australia, does anyone here have a factory radio and faceplate they can sell me? (it doesn't have to be restored).

5. Where is the factory location for the cigarette lighter? Mine didn't come with one when I purchased it.

6. Does anyone have factory radio brackets they want to sell me and non butchered door trims? Or any of the parts I am talking about? I would pay for postage as well to Australia.

Thanks in advance guys.

Stivva

1#. i have a 76 as well and if i wasn't out of state at the moment i would go look and make sure but there is a hazard switch and defogger switch down there.

2# i am pretty sure those are not factory vinyl was the standerd.

5# and that should be located under the steering wheel and to the right. but if this is a right hand driver it may be backwards or different all together lol.

sorry i cant help with anything else good luck with your search.

OK,

Where the switch is at in the ebay pic of the dash is added. Factory came with what you see in the pic minus the owner installed switch. Also mine didnt have the fuel light. The two interior pieces came stock from the factory on 280zs. I dont have those on my early model 260z. I have a radio I just took out of my early model 260z. PM me if you are interested in it. I dont want it.