HybridZ

550 HP Lincoln mk7

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a friend/ coworker who had a very nicely build 5.0L that has been completly reworked: .060 overbore, MSD ingnition, huge cam, ETC Dynoed at 548hp @ 6000 rpms in an 84 lincoln mk7 with a 5 speed and 411 in stock rear end. He wants to put it in a new shell and I am trying to comvince him to stuff it in a Z instead of a 90LX 'stang. He currently runs 11.5 in the 1/4.

Deciding factors include: transmission and rearend build up. he really wants something much lighter. Has someone completed a similar build-up I can show him the photos of? He really doesn't believe it will fit. also what is the curb wieght?

My SBF is NOT producing that kind of power, but I can tell you that the SBF WILL fit easily. If he has lots of aluminum on the motor (heads, intake, water pump, flywheel, etc) the actual weight on the front axle will be less than with the OEM Datsun L6. The 5 speed he has will fit (T-5 or T-56), and the R200 Datsun differential with the ZX turbos halfshafts should hold up depending on what he is doing with the car, and the tires. Typical Z weights go from 2300-2700 depending on powerplant and model of Z (the earlier ones where on the lighter end of this range).