HybridZ

Scottie - GNZ

Hey Scottie, I was just wondering if you still had the dimentions of the 3" diameter downpipe you made for your L28 turbo. I'd like to make mine before I actually need it...

Just looking for depth, height and flange pattern, but I can get the last myself easily enough. Thanks in advance!

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

My DP was 2.5". It fit between the bellhousing and trans tunnel and bolted up to a 3" exhaust. There is not enough room to do a 3" DP the way I routed it. I was using the stock-type wastegate housing which has only a 2 1/8" i.d. and a bolt patten that does not allow a flange larger than 2.5". With that, I just did not see a benefit expanding that to 3" especially if you had to make 2 90-degree turns. It was a tradeoff between a 3" pipe with 2 sharp 90-degree bends vs a 2.5" pipe with 2 45-degree bends. All I can tell you is that it make a big difference.

The DP itself was 30" long with 2 45-degree bends and ended up close to the trans x-member. The flange for the wastegate had a 2.5" i.d. and was CNC-machined. The exhaust flange was a standard 3-bolt flange and of course it had an O2 bung. Everything was SS, except the bung and exhaust flange. Lots of pics of the DP on my page.

If you are interested in one, send me email. I am in San Diego, returning late Friday night.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://members.xoom.com/Turbo240Z/scotties240zt.htm