HybridZ

Cobra Imola Seats

SUNNY Z

I have the rare chance to buy some of these used, local. They are in pristine condition, and a pretty good deal. I know someone on here has ran them, but I can't find any specifics on mounting them. On the website, it says you can't buy just the sliders without the seats.

Anyone have any idea?

I didn't use these particular seats, but on my racing seats, I used the stock Z-car sliders and just used some square aluminum tubing to adapt the seats to them. They work great just like stock. I love how light they are, not because I'm trying to lighten my car specifically, but because they are so much easier to wrestle in and out of the car. You are all over the forum tonight, got to get you some axles to keep you from going stir crazy. I'm headed back into shop to do that clutch bleeding.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Yes. The regular width will fit on the driver's side and and the fat butt width will fit on the passenger side. The shoulder wings will hit the door panel but you'll still be able to close the door. I ran Imola 2s on my racing 240Z.

FYI... I used the Cobra side mounts and did not run sliders. They were mounted on the stock 240Z floor pan seat mounts.

Thanks. The ones for sale locally are the the wider ones. Not sure its 100% what I want. I only have a 32" waist, but broad shoulders. I sat in them, and they were comfortable, but I've also sat in a regular width suzuka, and it was snug, but probably a better fit. Idk if its worth the hassle if its going to be that tight of a fit. ...

... What do you think, 1100 for the seats, side mounts, and sliders - seats are near perfect - worth it?

If only there was anywhere in the midwest that was actually a decent dealer of seats so I could go sit in them..... :(

So is the 280 any wider than the 240 in this regard?

Also, if I buy them, anyone with an 05+ mustang need some cobra seat sliders? :lol:

Well the guy selling the seats was nice enough to give me (yes give me) one of the seats for test fitting before I buy them. I LOVE the midwest - people are the best here.

Anyway, the seats are too wide. If I cut / hammered the tunnel (where the cat used to be?) then they would work no problem. Also, they are the GT style (wider) which i concluded is too wide for my waist.

Thats all for now, just adding to the knowledge pool.