HybridZ

Waste Gate Actuator Rod Fix

KROz

After about 2 years, I finally have gotten my turbo 280 on the road! Many mishaps have delayed the project, but a lot of learning has happened. The worst of those mishaps being it seized in the wrist pins on the first start up of the first rebuild. That sucked, a lot. But now I know how bad a small mistake can turn out being, and I wont make it again! I just got done with my Megan Coil-Over installation, I popped in a Tomei LSD, and new bushings all around. I'm going to run it stock ECM for awhile until I get it running perfectly, then I'll think about upgrades

Well, it's finally moving under it's own power, and I have encountered a problem. The rod for the waste gate actuator has become disconnected from the waste gate and I am not getting boost.

I have never owned a turbo car before, so this question may be a bit novice, but how do I get the waste gate actuator rod back on the waste gate, and what type of retainer holds it there? Do I just pull it back on? Or is it under vacuum? Sorry if this question is not worth a thread about, but any help will be appreciated! I should also probably note that it is the stock T3. (sorry, I don't have any pictures of it. low light+cell phone camera=no good)

When I get all the kinks worked out, I'll update my build thread that I have been neglecting for years, so if anyone is interested in what I've done, you should be able go check it out soon! I've pretty much done everything to the car myself and I'm pretty proud of it, being that I'm 18 and this is my first project car. I owe so much to HBZ!

post-6265-087707700 1346344309_thumb.jpg

Fixed! I just needed to let it cool down so I could touch it, then the rod slipped on with a little force. If I would've looked closer, the cotter pin would've been obvious before. Thanks for the response though!