HybridZ

Leaking 280z heater control valve

I was wondering how to bypass the heater control valve completely so that my floor Isn't soaking wet when I try to test my car for registration.

The other day I took my car for a quick drive around the block, when I got back and shut the car off I heard water leaking and I looked around and noticed a huge puddle of coolant in my passenger area floor. (luckily I haven't installed the carpet).

I was just wondering how I would bypass it so it stops leaking. Im guessing theres an in and an out pipe. So just disconnect the hoses and connect them to each other?

Right now in the heat of California summer i'm not worried about the heater working. I would like to drive my car without loosing all the coolant and over heating.

The correct approach is to disconnect the lines at the engine bay side and plug the heater hoses, don't connect together. This short circuits the head cooling, last thing you need in hot weather. Yes its more work as you have to find suitable plugs. short 3/8 or 7/16" bolt will likely do. There is a wonderful 500 + post thread on here about head cooling and the do's and don'ts.

So just so I understand, I should pull the hoses off of the valve from the engine bay. One hose goes to a fitting towards the back of the block, and the other goes to the front of the block where the radiator is connected (I think). So just take hose plugs and plug them both off , as well as the exposed hose connectors on the firewall?