HybridZ

Turbo Oil Pumps

Ben's Z

Speaking of which do I need to run an oil cooler? Do most guys run an oil cooler? I can't see Nissans theory on why a car with a manual trans didn't get one and automatics did, if anything manual cars were going to be ragged on harder and should have got the coolers.

I've run for years without the cooler.

If your engine originally came with a cooler, the oil filter bypass will be in the adapter housing and it's normal location in the block will have a small freeze plug in it.

I've run it both ways for years without any issues and the only issues you might run into would be having a clogged oil filter without the bypass working.

If you keep your oil in good shape, there should be no issues.

I've run for years without the cooler.

If your engine originally came with a cooler, the oil filter bypass will be in the adapter housing and it's normal location in the block will have a small freeze plug in it.

I've run it both ways for years without any issues and the only issues you might run into would be having a clogged oil filter without the bypass working.

If you keep your oil in good shape, there should be no issues.

Ok I took off the adapter. Does that or should that freeze plug come out? What do I do to thread the oil filter on to the block now?