HybridZ

hatch lock removal

First I wanted to say was hey everyone! Im new to this forum and this car I bought a 240z 71 101k original miles and Im loving this car! I went to lock the trunk and the key broke leaving half the key in the lock cylinder. Anyone know how to remove the trunk lock cylinder? I tried the search bar but received nothing so far, thanks for the input guys!

You need to slide out a locking plate on the rear side of the lock. To access it, just remove the upholstered panel on the lower back side of the hatch. It's just a fairly small piece of sheet metal that slides around the lock cylinder. It has small bends in it that help hold it in place and provides a place to push it on and off. Hopefully that helps.

It's fairly easy to put the lock back in. The shaft that comes out of the lock cylinder snapped on mine so I had to take it out and JB weld the thing together. I put it back in on a new hatch that I installed and theres no problems putting it in. Just dont lose the pieces!