HybridZ

2" SU's vs. tripple webers

Drax240z

Some guy at zcar.com actually did the comparison, you can see it here:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=147045&t=147045

Again, who knows if his webers were jetted correctly for max power, and what the change of fuel economy is (if any) between the setups. This is on a pretty built up L28 to be making 200+hp at the wheels. Just thought it was pretty interesting to actually see hard data comparing the 2 setups.

------------------

"Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Gimme that which I desire"

-Metallica

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

Guest Anonymous

Great charts!!

I run my 70Z W/280 block major port/polish + cam ect in autoX in south Fla. I find that well prepaired SUs are faster in short courses. I don't have charts to prove the HP but they are much more responsive.

Velly intellestink.

Funny that the rpm listed for the 3X2 setup is a good deal lower than how it appears on the chart (it says 6286, when it looks more like 7000 on the chart). Also, I wonder why the SU chart ends at 6300, when torque hasn't fallen off too terribly much at that rpm?

Anyway, this pretty much convinces me to stick with my 2" SUs and to optimize them rather than getting 44+mm triples, as my engine is probably only good for 6800 rpm or so anyway (stock LD28 crank, KA24E pistons, L24 rods).

Dan Baldwin

'71 240Z 3.1

COMSCC #7 SPB