HybridZ

lt1 swap, gauge and clutch cylinder question

Swapping an LT1 into my 76 280z. Car had electrical issues so all harnesses were trashed. I have plans to do a painless kit for all interior controls and the motor on a stand alone harness. I was looking at buying all autometer mechanical gauges but I do like the looks of the stock gauges and it would be much cheaper to keep them. What would be the easiest route to take with wiring in stock gauges? Should I buy all 240z gauges since they are mechanical since I am not using that portion of the motors wiring harness and sensors?

Also, the T56 clutch master cylinder . What would you recommend as a bolt in unit? Anyone running stock?

If you want to use the stock speedo your going to have to get a converter box from the tranny. The tranny has an electric signal to the gauges, and the stocks are mechanical.

The tach you run off of the standalone harness with a resistor to get it to function right.

The water temp / oil pressure gauges are run off of the stock sending units from the L6.

For the oil just get a t-fitting and toss the sending unit on there.

The water temp is the same in the side of the block between 2,4 cylinders.

As far as the clutch master I went with a willwood 7/8'ths, I'm not running the t56 though.