HybridZ

Difference in N/A oil pump shaft vs ZXT's shaft

Hi Def

I'm asking this question cause I have an N/A distributor/oil pump shaft and one from a turbo. What is the difference in them that they can't be swapped?

I rebuilt my turbo engine and I don't know which one I installed in there. Having a no spark issue and just want to make sure that,that shaft may or may not be the prob? I have one in my hand now and there is no special makings on it to tell me anything. But by looking at it and remembering back,I think I may have put the N/A shaft in there.

Like I said and am asking,what is the difference between the 2 shafts? Everything went together without a prob also.Thanks in advance for all those who view and/or commitment. This swap has been over a year long now and I have ended up investing a bit over 12k into this project and I still have body work/paint,interior and rims left to do! Lol Oh,and a aluminium fly and ANOTHER new clutch kit for my T-5 I just picked up. Oh,and a LSD... Yeah,this list is NEVER gonna end I see. Lol It would better if I could drive it. Or ATLEAST HEAR IT RUN! Atleast I'm saving on labor as ALL the work was done by me. Only sliver lining to

the project so far! Lol

Oh,totally forgot to mention. My swap/project is,a 79 ZX coupe 5-speed being swapped with an 83 ZXT. EVERYTHING is new mechanically. From the wheel bearings to the nuts and bolts of the suspension!

Edited by Hi Def

Okay, on a 82 or an 83 zxt, the distributor/ oil pump drive gear has a star shaped imput for the distributor. The n/a dizzy gear does NOT share the star shape and is just round. Pull the dizzy to confirm the shape. Also make sure you timed the shaft correctly to the oil pump at cylinder 1 TDC.

Ok. Confirmed. I have the correct one in there. So,my no spark prob still persists. Gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new distributor. :( found one on EBay,remaned for 177.00 That's the cheapest one out there. The rest are around 200 and up. Napa wants 283.00!!! :(

Thanks for the answer also. You were dead on the money. ;) Star shaped with a half moon tip. No way the N/A shaft would work with a turbo distributor.