HybridZ

'74 sbc 350

I'll start off with this is my first v8 car/swap project. I've been into the Honda scene for about 8 years but got tired of spinning all the time hahaha!! So I sold my turbo crx and planned on LSX'ing my s13 coupe, but instead found a clean as f*ck '06 600rr. One month later this guy turned out in front of me, they say I was doing between 45-65mph.

0505110139a.jpg

And a pic of the bike.

248680_10150629793205655_657310654_19356874_2296587_n.jpg

Shattered my left wrist, broken left collar bone, torn acl, 3 broken ribs, lacerated liver (two chest tubes put in to drain the blood bleeding inside of me) 5 blood transfusions, and collapsed both lungs! Some say I'm lucky to not remember, but at times I wish I could "see" what happened in the seconds leading to the crash. Somehow I lived through all of that, at 26, this was wayy too close to death than I ever wanted. I had a lot of down time on my hands and wanted a more unique vehicle to do a swap in, so I lived online doing research of all kinds of cars and decided on what I wanted.

I originally picked up a '72 240z and knew it needed some work when I got it. I was reading for a project, once I tore into it I realized it was more than I wanted to do. BTW it's for sale...haha located in Lincoln, Nebraska.

P1010122.jpg

So it sat in the garage while the search continued. About two months went by and found one on craigslist about 10 minutes away from my house! It's as mint of a Z as an untouched Nebraska car will get. An early 1974 260z, only one very small rust hole (plus a small hole in each floor pan), a few hail dents, and COMPLETE perfect (minus dash) black interior. I looked at it and drove it home that day!

2012-05-24_15-11-03_125.jpg

2012-05-24_15-11-19_11.jpg

IMG_20120523_141812.jpg

The plans were to LSX it, annnndd than the wife got prego.......She told me that I couldn't get rid of the Z though. So my mind was racing around once again trying to figure out a cheaper yet still fun swap. A buddy just bought an older Monte with a sbc 350 and turbo 350 trans. I jewed him down to $250 for the motor and tranny (runs just fine!) and a 125 shot nitrous kit. From there the parts hunt has began! I'll do a short list as to what I currently have.

Stock block 350

Aftermarket heads - - 180 runners, 52cc with .600 springs (nothing great but lots better than stock)

Cam with 1.6 rockers - - .560/.560 lift 305/305 duration with 110 lobe seperation

carb - - Holley 650 double pumper

3500 stall

Just ordered the motor mount kit and 1 5/8" headers from JTR. For now I'll be rocking the stock r180 diff :(. I plan on keeping this one for a looonnnngggg time. So I have plenty of plans (realistic haha). In the end I want this to be a clean daily'able 10 second car. Thanks for looking guys. I am a complete noob to this whole datsun and small block thing, so any helpful words or anything is welcome. I lurk on here quite a bit, I need to stop being so quite though.