HybridZ

new to the board!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey yall, i just found out about this site been lookin for somethin like this, i have learned everything about z's that i could.

but my car is an 81 2+2 auto(i know it's slow) but that is what i want to fix, could someone tell me what my car would run(about) in the 1/4 with, a cam, ported polished head, mill the head a little bit, 3 angle valve job, and a header?? i want to go into the 14's eventually with out a turbo do yall think this will get me into the high 15's low 16's?? thanks in advance

i dont knwo what a stock ZX does in the 1/4 but you cant improve it alot with the stock engine wiring (efi).

the original efi cannot feed enuf fuel to make it go much faster.

put a header on it and then exhaust , air filter (KN) and save the rest of the $ for other things. if you really want HP you will need to go to a SDS EFI system then a big cam etc......

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

http://www.outlaw-brakes

raceparts and brake upgrades.

Guest Speaker

well basically the SDS system allows you to program the thing yourself

so you pick what size injectors you want, etc

but you have to buy injectors seperate... SVO Mustang injectors would probably work fine for you...

there's a group buy running on the SDS system right now

mike 'scca' gibson? i think it is, is the man to talk to about it...

Actually this isn't entirely true. A guy on zcar.com (IAN FIC) is running the stock EFI with his 3.1L turbo engine (not stock) and he is into the low 12's (I think) in the quarter. He was one of the previous cars of the month over there if you are looking for more information.

It CAN be done. Whether its worth the bother or not is somewhat questionable. I chose not to bother. smile.gif

------------------

Richard Lewis

drax2.gif