HybridZ

Quarter window louvers

luseboy

So I recently bought some quarter window louvers off a guy here (1/4 window louvers, side window louvers, whatever you call them), and have been scowering the internet for pictures of s30's with these fitted, or anyone who has them. I have yet to mount them on the windows (will probably figure that out this weekend), but have found one picture of a person with them installed from car domain. Anyways wondering if anyone's got any reference on them, or pictures of cars with them installed, I really like the look of them! Would also love to figure out the best way to mount them, not sure if I should drill a hole through the quarter window or not... (they're made of pyrex, right?) or if there is a better way to go about mounting them. Anyways, here's the one car I've found with them installed.

post-22866-024658900 1351588431_thumb.jpg

I have some, but they are black plastic like ABS. Mounts with double sided tape. I put a mounted picture up at zcar.com so maybe search there too. Got them for next to nothing at a parts yard. I think the topic was called - score at the parts yard.

Edited by Heroez

I managed to get mine mounted this weekend. Looked at the hardware more closely and figured out that acctually it had these little metal tang's that needed to be pushed under the weatherstripping, and then had threads on the other side. Really really happy with how they look, still one of my favorite exterior upgrades for the s30. My car is far from done, but I fit the quarter windows for a sec anyways, here's what mine look like:

post-22866-078777700 1352253676_thumb.jpeg

post-22866-063847300 1352253963_thumb.jpeg

They're fiberglass, with 4 louvers and a fairly large blockage on the backside of the window. I like the look of them better than the abs ones personally, they're a little less bulky. I need to paint them on the front and back (thinking i'll use plasti-dip on them), and I think i want to glue in the little tangs into the weatherstripping so that they stay put. Might try and get that done this weekend.