HybridZ

FC3S fuel tank in an S30?

kaito

Im thinking about pulling out my 20 gallon fuel cell to put in an RX7 fuel tank. Just curious if anyone else has done this or has seen it done. Searching netted zero results. I have no spare tire well and I managed to squeeze a 20 galllon unit in there but the cell isnt cutting it. The RX7 tank even has the filler on the correct side. Im pretty excited to find out. I pick up the tank tomorrow and Ill let ya all know how it goes.

post-26371-041640400 1352094607_thumb.jpg

post-26371-092319000 1352094616_thumb.jpg

I picked up the tank tonight, after just looking at it I can tell that its going to work well for me with minimal fab work. I plan on trying a dry mock up tomorrow while the wife is out ( I really need to be cleaning the engine bay out like Im supposed to). It turns out that the guy is a buddy from Japan. Man its a small world!! Anyways, I ended up getting it for $30 but its pretty rusted inside. Its kind of ironic because thats the reason I got the cell in the first place. Should have just cleaned my original tank. :P

Just wanted to touch base with this thread in case anyone was curious about it. I just tried acid washing the tank with muriatic acid and it seems like its gonna need alot more baths. Its alittle rustier than I first thought but nothing a little elbo grease cant take care of. I will probably leave the inside of the tank bare. I have been reading lots of threads on tank sealers and have come to the conclusion that it wouldnt be worthwhile. Seems that there are only one or two sealers that are compatible with e10+. More to come.

• 3 weeks later...