HybridZ

Car won't start after install sump fuel cell

voltron_boi

Yesterday, we just got done mounting and installing my fuel cell into my 260. Pour 4 gallon of 91 fuel into the tank, then try attempting to start the car, and it won't start. :/

Setup

16 gallon rci sump fuel tank

I install a braided line from the stump to a external Walbro fuel pump, then that line out to the engine bay. One return line from the engine bay back into the other sump port.

Am I missing something?

I wouldn't return to the other sump port, but to another on the tank away from the sump.

Where is your fuel pressure regulator located?

What's your fuel pressure at the injectors with the key in the "on" position? How about while cranking?

Can you tell me why you wouldn't use the other sump port as a return? What's the cause? As of now I don't have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, just the oem at the fuel rail on the engine. But I did disconnect the fuel line by the regulator, and I do have fuel coming.

Edited by voltron_boi

Returning the fuel right to the intake will heat up the fuel after it loops through the system a few times over. I could also see it causing problems with the fuel levels being really low.

In reality, most cells are designed with a return and an vent at the top. I know I won't have issues with the cell if using it as-designed. Hell, you might not have issues running them both at the sump. I don't have any real-world experience with running both the in/out at the sump like that.

It would still be nice to confirm the fuel pressure. Confirm fuel, confirm spark and you're running!

• 2 weeks later...