HybridZ

Need Tips for a fast Start...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I raced my friends 95 camaro (v6, auto) the only time he pulls on me is the start. my car is a 77 280 btw... 4sp, almost stock.. (intake , exhaust) After I catch up from my slow start at about 40-50 I am gone to 100ish and he is like 10 car lengths behind me... So are there good tips for better starts? i havent been driving a stick for very long, just about 2 months...so any advice helps...

Thanks, Fraga

Guest Anonymous

Both good suggestions and pretty much the way of launching and speed shifting a stick car. Understand that this is hard on the driveline u-joints, halfshaft u-joints and if your clutch is old, you may be learning how to put a clutch in the car sooner by racing it like that. That said, both methods mentioned work real well. icon_biggrin.gif

Regards,

Lone

If I remember correctly the clutch discs are about 25$ reman.. when you rip the friction surface off by side steping the clutch at 5500 rpm...

After you get good at it you can pull the trans, scuff the flywheel and pressure plate with a 3m pad on a drill and put it back together in about an hour... Btw the only thing I ever smoked with the 2.8 other than clutchs and tires was the pinion mount...and I beat on it bad...

PS. I did break off the reverse gear in another 240 but that was on a bet that I couldn't do a burnout in reverse.. This was after 150' burnout in the forward direction....