HybridZ

Webers using walbro 225 and aromotive regulator?

Med Center Z

I have a set of weber 40mm carbs that I'm using on my 3.0 l series.

I currently have a walbro 255 inline fuel pump on my 240z running to a aromotive fuel regulator(with fuel pressure gauge).

I have been reading that the first gen 79-83 rx7 fuel pump is a common swap while using carbs. I also found that the rx7 pump produces 3.7-4.7 psi.

The question is can I regulate my walbro using my current regulator to let's say 5 psi give or take or will this damage the walbro 255 ?

I hate to have to buy a new fuel pump all over again.

I have a Carter P4070 Competition fuel pump for my triples. Its not a direct replacement for the stock fuel pump bracket, had to fab some brackets to make it fit. According to the specs, its output is 4-6 psi, with 72gph free flow. No regulator is required. You can find it at Jegs for about 80$. I did a dead head setup on my triples, no return.

• 3 weeks later...

How is this possible to not use a return fuel line ?

How do the carburetors operate when the fuel pump is constantly fluffing the bowls with fuel wouldn't the carbs get to much fuel ?

And it seems to me that running the return would benefit in reducing the temperatures of the fuel resulting in a better burn resulting in more HP/TQ

Educate me....

I  have a dead-head setup and it works ok.

I think a return is superior since you can pump cooler fuel through, which is of marginal value since the headers are nestled comfortably between the float bowls.

The needles shut off the fuel when the bowls are full.

Personally I think fuel delivery / pressure gets over analyzed. 

Supply adequate quantity fuel under moderately low pressure and it seems to be just fine.