HybridZ

im going to build a L28

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im wanting to build a good L28 motor to put in my 1971z is it possible to get 200 or more out of it without a turbo ive got 2000 to spend on it im tired of the mustangs and camaros getting the best of me if anyone could give me some advice i would appreciate it

Guest Anonymous

I just had a look at Bryan Littles webpage, And thought it was a damn good read, I have never thought nor heard of using tranny fluid to clean the bores, Ill have to remember that one! icon_smile.gif

I had heard of the tranny fluid for cylinder bore cleaning idea before, but I recently re-read it in a book titled "The Step-By-Step Guide to Engine Blueprinting : Practical Methods for Racing and Rebuilding", by Rick Voegelin, ISBN: 1884089267, 1997.

BTW, this book is excellent, although much of it uses the SB Chevy for examples. It has great general info though.

hey

well heres what was done to my motor that my friends built and got 200 +-5hp at the wheels.L28 block

e31 head ported with nismo valve springs,HKS mild cam,block heat treated and titanium sleeved

HKS lightweight flywheel,crank was shot peened and counter balanced,nismo dished pistons bored over 100,euro 240z distributor

crane ignition wires,crane xr-3000 and Hi-6 electronic ignition,n36 manifolds Stock Dual su's,K @ N filters,motorsport 6-1 headers

electric fan,the engine was balanced and blue printed,1mm HKS metal gasket,turbo muffler,stock 336 rearend, nismo tranny and a bit more i think...not sure what the total price was, it was 7 years ago and the engine still rocks! hope this helped

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

hey Datto i looked at your site and you have a cool looking car hope mine will look like that some day on the head should i keep the stock one or should i get another one ive heard different things about them i have the e31 what about the n47 i heard that they flow alot better than the e31 also what r the specs of the cam you used thanks for your help tim

hi tim

thanks for the compliment...as for the head..its all up to you, i believe all heads have potentila in great power, it so happened my buddies chose the e31 for high compression...yes the other heads have better flow than the e31 but i have heard of people putting bigger valves from the other heads onto the e31. i havent done that as of yet but i might try it someday. but i like my e31 head. i have no problems with it. the cam specs is pretty much close to the ones motorsport auto sells...i think its like 280 duration and 460 lift...you can try 290 duration with 495 lift...but atleast get a cam 280 duration or higher...try not to go moe than 290 duration though unless your gonna build a super race car. all right tim, good luck on your motor build, its gonna be a fun experience! icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hi Datto thanks for thi info but one other question is it going to cost me a arm and a leg to biuld one similar to yours where did you get yours done at hi porformance top end ive been looking at the work they do and it seems they do a good job there arent any datsun z places here in oklahoma that i know of that do this type of stuff i just dont want to take it to anyone

dang finally i get to reply to you...hehe for some reason everytime i hit reply it would take me back to the main page. well im not to familiar to shops in oklahoma, im here in san diego and the people who did my motor were my friends in los angeles. if you know of shops personally who do great work, try them out...but keep looking for z specialty shops, im pretty sure there should be one out there if not you might have to drive a couple hours away like i did or more to get mine done. you can probably do most of the stuff i have done yourself or buy a good mechanic, as for the bal n blu printing, counter weighting crank,you need shops to do that for yah but its not required to be done, its an option...you can still build a great motor without these options..it was just a something my friends wanted to do to build the motor to last hard runs...well good luck on the build up!! icon_biggrin.gif