HybridZ

Anyone made their own louvers/mirrors?

bfg

So I've been trying to restore my Z to road worthy condition this past year and being a college kid doesn't leave much extra cash for some of the more expensive things. I've been looking for mirrors lately but the awesome fender mirrors I want are $200+. Being a fairly crafty person I like to make my own stuff when I can and mirrors and louvers seem like they would be on the easier side and hopefully cheaper. 

If anyone has done anything like this I would love to know. And if anyone has any detail pics of how the mirrors and louvers work that would be great.

preferably this type:

1970-78-Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-Aluminum-H

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as I pick up my s30 shell, I'll happily give you the louvers that are currently on it. I also have a big roll of carbon fiber, epoxy, and some foam and bondo that work great for making molds. If you're really interested in putting together a decent design, it wouldn't take a lot to make some fender mirror housings (the mirror material and ball joint would have to be purchased separately).

A car with fender mirrors, and louvers? mind blown! nah just kidding, don't think the american louver look goes too well with the japanese look of fender mirrors.

I scored a set of the real fender mirrors on ebay but paid the price for them .

I had this idea you can try, get these fender mirros, and hack them for the bottom mount, than mold some bullet mirrors on the top or something 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-360-LN360-N400-LIFE-1960-1979-GRAY-FENDER-MIRROR-PAIR-LH-RH-/171001172326?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d076d166&vxp=mtr