HybridZ

Newbie Hello everyone! Triple Webers or Z therapy carbs?

Guest ShelbyZ

Guest ShelbyZ

Hi everybody I new to the list and am trying to get my 240 ready for autoXing. I have had webers before,but heard about the Z Therapy su's. How do they start in the winter? This will also be my daily driver. The car currently has the boat anchors on it. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Keep ZZZZZZZin

ShelbyZ

I like webbers, but never wanted the tuning hassel. Its pretty expensive to do yourself, IE.. jetting and stuff is hard for the unexperienced like myself.

I went the ztherapy SUS and never looked back! They are awesome quality, and work wonderfully. I dont have em anymore but i really did like them before i went turbo.

Evan

PS.. .To do it again i would use an SDS programmable FI. More expensive but great tunability and driveability. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest ShelbyZ

I just got off the phone with Bruce at Z Therapy and asked some questions about the carbs. I called MSA yesterday and the price of webers went up 300 bucks so the su's are looking better. I saw where someone had triple throttle bodies listed for sale. I don't know anything about them. I'm looking to put them on a 240Z- so I don't know what all would be required to make them work. Is this what you are talking about, the SDS, are they the same thing?

Keep ZZZZZin

ShelbyZ

And Thanks

Guest Anonymous

I had the triple Webbers on my 240 and loved them. Yes they can be a pain to tune but once mine were tuned that was it. They were a kick and looked way cool. A german speed shop did the tuning for me.

Guest ShelbyZ

Crowned One I thought I would mention that this Sunday October 21 the local SCCA is putting on an autoX at Price Cutter Park. "Just behind Lamberts". There should be several Z's there. I hope to have mine ready by then. Oh, sign up starts at 10am and racing starts at noon.

Thanks to all for their input.

Keep ZZZZin

ShelbyZ

I'd go with the Ztherapy SUs. I got a good chance to talk to the owner of the company, Brian, a couple of times last year at Motorsport (ate at the same table with him at the opening dinner). At first i thought he was kinda goofy but he knows far more about carburetors than I ever hope to! He is a really nice guy, too, I found, very generous with information and T-shirts icon_wink.gif