HybridZ

Jaguar 6 cylinder.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On a recent trip to the junkyard, I discovered some old Jaguar Xj6 (I think that's what they're called) that had what appered to be a hemi DOCH straight 6...Spark plugs in the middle of the head in between the cams, and I was tought that anything with the spark plugs in the middle of the head is almost always a hemi...Anyways, I was just curious as to what you guys would think about swapping it into my Z because as of now, it seems like it would be less work and less costly to get it into my Z than my dads old Camaro motor, which happens to still be in the Camaro. I am not really concerned about WHAT I have in it (my Z), as long as it runs again. I don't really wanna put a new L6 in it because I want it to be a LITTLE different, but I just want something weird and cheap...and this is looking to be it. And what would you recommend as something really strange and really cheap? (BTW, this place tests the motor for you before you buy it)

The jaguar engine was a very popular swap engine in england because it was cheap used. The problem is that new parts are expensive and performance parts are unavailable. I think its very heavy. If the camaro engine can run without to much new parts use it. Jaguar owners use chevy engines or chevy transmissions with a adapter because its easier and stronger

James,

JTR (Jags That Run) got started (as well as John's Cars, and others I'm sure) because that motor and the older V12 Jag is expensive to rebuild. It's a heavy piece too. Nice motor.

Guess what JTR and others came up with as an economical alternative to rebuilding that motor? Swapping in a Small Block Chevy!

Guest Anonymous

Make sense...But fortunatly, I found an Impala Caprice Classic for $200 with a 305 and a 700R4 that all work. If you remember from previous postings, the Camaro motor needs rebuilt and I would be left on my own to find transmission. I dunno, I still think it'd be kinda cool on the oddities scale.