HybridZ

Head Question

meakin

Ok guys, due to my lack of knowledge (again)I need a bit of help: I have 2 engines (stock l24's) that I intended to take apart and then build up one of them to go in my 240z, until I'm ready to start modifying the car later. Or at least I think they are both stock icon_rolleyes.gif ...Both blocks have P30 stamped on them so I guess they are stock. My problem is the heads. One of the heads is an E88 (stamped on it),the one with large valves, the other has E30 stamped on it and has considerably smaller valves?....now I have heard of the E88 and the E31 heads but never heard of the E30 head?..anybody know of the E30 head? and what head would you guys choose to rebuild?

TIA

Meakin

I've heard of the P30, its the block... 2.4ltr block... and not sure about the E30... but i've got the E88 and feels good.

but for more performance in the long run... maybe find a L28 engine, becuase you said both L24s are stock, you can prolly find L28 a block and head from the wreckers that are working, from a 280zx...

but its up to you, do some more research about the topic.. zhome.com zcar.com etc.. search the achieves of this site for more information...

Thanks for the answers guys, they helped me out. Zspeed : you are bang on the buck, that is what my intentions are in the long run, icon_smile.gif However I'm in Denmark, and 280zx parts are not exactly all over the place...(they can be found....just takes a bit of time I think)...the Z is being restored down to every last nut and bolt...and I just kinda figured I would let it drive around with its own motor for a while before I jumped in with both feet and started "improving" it. That, and there are some strict laws here,regarding modifying cars, that I need to know by heart before I start upgrading....KAZU: Yes, now that you mention it, I to seem to remember reading something about E30 heads on the Fairlady Z, but why would somebody put that on a standard L24 block?...better compression?

anyway thanks again guys..

Cheers

I think its easier to locate 280zx parts in denmark as nissan imported a few. I have often seen a zx but its 15 years ago my pal sold his 240z. Since then i have only seen a z in Billund and a very bad z project. Try and look in "den blå avis" sometimes there is a complete rusty car for a reasonable price.

This one "er der betalt afgift med zx motor" http://www.s800.dk/datsun/