HybridZ

Head+Cam=?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im looking for a head and cam combo for a stock 72 240z. i just want to add some more power, nothing real drastic, maybe up to 180 at the wheels or something around there.i decided against a turbo, so please keep that in mind. ive got headers and a 2.5" exhaust on it now. however, i have the stock carbs. are these in need of a change as well? any help is much appreciated.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey Ken, I used to run an old 2.4L with my modified N42 head and it ran a 13.6 @ 99 mph in the 1/4 on street tires so it was making close to 200 HP at the flywheel.

Get an N42 and shave it around .070" to .080" and install a decent cam. I used a rather mild 272/282 .450" lift Crane cam so if you go with a more radical cam maybe you can make closer to 210 HP at the flywheel.

Also you will need to install a 3.9 rear end to make up for the loss in low rpm torque of the cammed up engine.

Later,norm

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

If you use this combo be certain to grind in valve reliefs in the block as the valves will definitely hit the cylinder walls unless that is done!!

Later,norm

Norm, i've been following your post for a while, and i just write everything down that you say, because i'm going to try and copy your setup, also with a few nitches of my own..

thanks norm