HybridZ

The wheels on my 78Z dont center. I put them on the balancer at work mounting lugcentric like the would on the car and they look warped. 158lbs off on the roadforce with horrible rim runout. Looks like the wrong lugnuts were used and people just hammered on them with an impact.

So my question is, how do you guys fit aftermarket wheels on your Z? Is it the lugnuts you use, or adapters?

Umm....not enough information to help you. There are a gazillion different wheels that have been used on the z over the years and each wheel often has lug nuts made specifically for that wheel. Borrow a cell phone and post some pictures of your car, the wheels, and the lug nuts. The better the picture the better the advice.

If you have center caps installed try removing them; they might be fouling the hub and stopping the wheel sitting flush against the mating surface.

Other than that, yes, it's the lugnuts that keep the wheel centered on the hub, if you have the wrong ones for the type of wheel you have then it could cause that problem. And sure as hell don't drive that car anywhere until you have the correct lug nuts installed!

Edited by morbias