HybridZ

L28 Rough idle after head gasket. Need help.

When I turbo swapped my 76' I swapped for a solid-lifter head, new timing chain, oil pump, etc. Put it all back together and had a hell of a time getting my car to run right. The biggest issue was vacuum leaks everywhere, yet I couldn't seem to find them with brake parts/carb cleaner. What I did was remove the boot from the throttle body, and cap off the exhaust. Also tried to cap off anything else that could leak. Using a vacuum port and a portable air tank along with a vacuum/boost gauge I pressurized the manifold to only 3-4psi. I used the water and dawn in a spray bottle to spray all over the manifold and managed to find bubbles coming from every which way. I kept fixing until my motor was seemingly holding pressure or bleeding off very slowly. I do have a leak in the exhaust which was bleeding off and there may be one or two more in the intake that I didn't come across, but once I did this and fixed all my leaks it made a huge difference. Like you I was going through every piece of electrical, pulling injectors and flow testing them, swapping out mafs, sensors, fuel pump regulators, etc. Also I did have my FPR set a little high which helped straighten things out when I brought it down.