HybridZ

Taco'ed my car, haven't been around a while

Not totally taco'ed, but enough to screw my pooch. :puke:

I've been so sick about it I haven't even wanted to look at it for the last three months.  I just started pulling things apart to see how bad things really are.

I started a new job back in December and on my very first day I was running some errands after work.  I was waiting to cross a street when this lady gets on the shoulder to turn on the access road where I was coming out.  Just as I decided to pull out she changed her mind and pulled back into the travel lane and smacked me hard on the driver front wheel.  It was a straight on shot.  Literally broke the strut (brand new KYB installed two months earlier) and tweeked the subframe/sheetmetal.  Of course, the fender is toast.  Also tweeked the front bumper, which is disappointing since it was pretty much cherry before all this nonsense.

I just got the fender off yesterday to see what it looked like underneath.  There is a slight buckle in the framerail just about where the rear strut rod pick up is and another slight buckle right at the firewall.  I'm not looking forward to what it's going to take to pull all this out, but I don't think it's bad enough to write off the car.  I'll post up pics later.

Sorry brother.

Hope you find damage limited to easily fixed parts.

I know you are feeling this... :puke:

But remember, 9 out of 10 ferral dogs prefer warm :puke: to cold food from a can....  I hope this helps you feel better?

Point is to make the best of it...

TJ

Oh Man, that bites.  I hope that lady is going to pay for your damage.  It's completely her fault as she was entering YOUR traffic lane.   Anyway, Do you have any pictures?  maybe we can give you pointers on what the best direction to go for repair is.  There's a lot of spart parts out there too so we can get you parts that you'll need.  

Remember your car is a high dollar classic when dealing with insurance.  We can provide plenty of examples of comparibles, don't let them go off "book" value, since likely they wrote the book.

Always hate to hear stories like this..  As TJ said, try to look at the bright side..  Most importantly, you weren't injured and (a close second...) the car isn't a total loss.  There are lots of very talented people out there that have fixed this type of damage before and will be happy to sort out your trouble.  Don't give up..