HybridZ

She lives! but... fuel leak around carbs.

3ryce

So I got her started up today for the first time in like 7yrs. Still the electrical fuel pump isnt working but the mechanical one is so thats ok for now. Well anyways after it had started to warm up a little bit and then I turned it off I had looked and noticed I had fuel coming from the hoses that has the T separator and is along the top of the orange intake airfilter holder. Sorry I do not know the correct term for thos hoses. Maybe fuel return? Or choke fuel lines? Anyways, there is fuel coming from under the carb closest to the firewall. Also while it was running ide give it some gas then let off and it would back fire and I believe this fuel leak is related. I didnt want to do to much as my gas tank right now it a 2 gallon gas can and the car is in a garage, yes garage door was open. I'm just not sure what to do and wanted to see if you guys think I could just get a gasket set for the carbs and be ok. The other carb didnt seem to be leaking any fuel from it.

heres a pic.

20130401_172837_zps371ea9b7.jpg

Edited by 3ryce

The line with the Tee in it you mention is the float bowl vent. If fuel is coming from the vent your float and/or float valve needs attention. Since your car has been sitting for a long time it is likely a good cleaning is all that is necessary. A gasket kit wouild be a good idea to have on hand but the that cause the leak are the float and float valve. The float valve will likely come with the rebuild kit. If the float is bad you will have to get one separately.