HybridZ

Finishing Touches on my 1973 240Z

All done with the faulty connector! :D That was pretty tedious having my head in the footwell with a back injury. But hey, it was fun as well. I'll upload a picture in a bit. 

Edit: Here's the photo. the bright white connector is the one I rebuilt. 

2MONs.jpg

Edited by Onion

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the second harness. Moved the no-brand harness to the passenger seat just for the sake of having matching harnesses. I never take passengers in the Z. The new Schroth harness is now on the driver's seat. 

I'm gonna get crap for this, but yes, they are mounted to the strut towers until I purchase the MSA roll bar and harness bar, or get a cage built. I don't drive the car at the moment, so its not a big deal. I just wanted the harnesses in place.

2VrXv.jpg

Yes, my weatherstripping is falling to pieces. I need to glue it back on.

2Vs04.jpg

Also, I replaced the inner shift boot, which was all damaged and cracked. I also noticed the mounting plate was rusty and the paint was damaged so I sanded the rust off and painted it.

Here's how it was before.

2VrMi.jpg

Sanded it and washed the gunk off of both sides.

2VrSM.jpg

2VrTx.jpg

New boot goes in.

2VrUe.jpg

Plate gets a couple coats of paint, front and back.

2VrUZ.jpg

2VrVP.jpg

And then everything goes back in its place.

2VrWn.jpg

Hey onion, are those fiberglass front bumpers?  Did you put them on or did you receive the car that way?  If they are fiberglass and you purchased them...how was the fit/finish as received?  I've been thinking about fiberglass or carbon fiber bumpers, but worry about the quality and warpage.