HybridZ

electric water pump?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

does anyone make an electric water pump or electric accessories for the L28 turbo block? im trying to build a turbo l28 that will put 250rwhp at very low boost (2-5psi) so the car always feels like it has exceptional off the line power but when a little ricer wants to step up, i punch the boost up to 15psi and fly. i figure i need to reduce all power losses and up the displacement and compression in order to do this. also, im gonna need a good fuel/ignition comp (SDS em3-6f?) that will keep the detonation away while i boost with my high compression. let me know if youve made a setup like this.

im trying to build a turbo l28 that will put 250rwhp at very low boost (2-5psi) so the car always feels like it has exceptional off the line power but when a little ricer wants to step up, i punch the boost up to 15psi and fly

Maverick,

no need to go to all that trouble. Just freshen up a L28ET, get the programmable system so you can build your own fuel, ign and retard maps AND work with a turbo manufacturer to build a hybrid turbo that will match your driving needs. Add a good I/C and exhaust, tune the car to run at 15psi and you are done. Now you have a car that will melt the tires at low speed and scare a Z06. Ricers will be a waste of your gas and time.

Guest Anonymous

so a good l28et will make 250rwhp with the programable comp an some mods? the reason i want to make that much power at low boost is decreased wear on internal engine parts. I'm going all out on the inside of the block (i heard a diesel l28 block was the best, what do you think?) but im not going to use it to its full potential. how much hp does a # of boost add, is there a formula involving compression, temp, a/f ratio? im trying to do out all the math and i figured for 450 hp i can use 50# injectors (rated at 3 bar) and a fuel pump that provides 46 GPH at >3bar. then i grab a t3/t04e (i think) and a spearco and plumb some 50mm stainless piping. the 50# injectors will be running at 44% duty when i have it down to 250hp. patch this all into the sds or haltech and run some maps based on the level of boost and ill be golden right?

It should make plenty more w/ the right turbo. I'm goin for the 400-450hp range. I believe you need to do several mods which might negate the diesel block. But on the bright side I don't think you'll need it. The F54 Turbo block is indestructable. Work with a p-90 head from an '81-'82 and go to town on the turbo and good rings and you should be set. Look up the Benz injector mod from a 450, they should support 420hp? and also look into the Pierburg FP from Cartech.

I'd take a look at Scottie's site for his old 280Z turbo. Plenty of good ideas.