HybridZ

Long story short - my weakened (essentially non-existential) frame rail tore out at the track. We rebuilt the frame rail from the TC rod box back to the floorpan/firewall area with 16ga. and zipped it all in. I am still a bit weary about the forces these new pieces will see at the track and was wanting to build a bolt-in brace between the two new rails that will transfer lateral forces, such that one frame rail doesn't take the brunt of the force.  It looks like it would be easy enough to fab up a 1" tube brace with a nut end on it that would angle back from the tie-in points at the fat part of the rail (right behind the TC rod box) and go back to a center piece that would go in between the back of the oil pan and the transmission. Essentially, it would look like  \______/ if you were looking at the car from above with the front of the car being ^ (that way).

Someone told me that someone makes a brace like this - but I can't seem to find one. Has anyone done this?

No I did not make this, but it should not be too difficult to make. Just follow the same principle. To me it looks like a front strut bar modified to fit the t/c cup. The owner of this car also did the same to the rear following the same principle.

Edited by Dat260